Duraion: One day trip
Day of Departure: Everyday
Pick-up time: 07h45 – 08h30
The end of trip: 16h00 – 16h30
Duong Lam ancient Village has been known as a museum of surviving laterite (red clay formed from weathered basalt found in northern Vietnam) with ancient houses aged up to 400 years old. After the recognition of Hoi An ancient town and Hanoi Old Quarter, Duong Lam was recognized as a national relic in 2005. Visiting Duong Lam is a journey to trace back the origin of Vietnam’s culture and its traditions. It is also the great chance to experience unique architecture of ancient houses while wander along its narrow alleys, visit temples of the two kings born there, and chat with locals in their ancient houses.
08:00 Get picked up at your hotel then depart for Duong Lam ancient village (60km from Hanoi cente 09:30 Stop-over at Son Dong traditional sculpture village producing and supplying wooden statues to most of pagodas and temples in Northern Vietnam. Photograph skillful people mastering the technique of making marvelous wooden statues in numerous states.
10:30 Arrive at Duong Lam ancient village. Visit Mong Phu temple, some ancient houses and enjoy local products: rice wine, rice cakes.
11:00 Enjoy bicycle ride along peaceful countryside road to some historical vestiges such as: Giang Van Minh worship-house, Temples of King Ngo Quyen and Phung Hung.
11:30 Cycling uphill to see a natural holy “milking- well” storing clear water all the year round. It is believed to help childless couple produce a baby if drinking this water.
12:30 Become a member of the 400-year-ancient house while having lunch in here.
13:30 Get ready to return Hanoi.
14:15 On the way back, visit Tay Phuong pagoda built in the 8th century. It is the best example of old typical pagodas in the North of Vietnam, being special with 18 ancient Arhan statues.
16:00 Visit Van Phuc silk village, the cradle of best silk in Vietnam once. The house owner gives an introduction of the silk making process. Then experience the local silk market in Van Phuc village.
17:30 Get dropped off at hotels. Tour ends.
- Modern air-conditioned bus
- All sightseeing fees
- Biking service
- English speaking guide
- Travel insurance & Tax
- Tip or Gratitude
- Personal expense
For usual days
- You are charged for 10%, 30% and 70% of your booking value if cancelling your order more than 5 days, 3-5 days and 48-24 hours prior to departure, respectively. Note: for 4-star hotels and resorts, you shall bear 100% no matter when your cancellation is made.
- You are charged for 100% of your booking value if cancelling your order right on the date of departure.
For public days and New Year holiday
- You are charged for 40%, 50% and 70% of your booking value when cancelling your order more than 7 days, 5-7 days and within 5 days prior to departure, respectively. In the event that you call off your order right on the date of departure or without notification, please incur 100% of booking value.
- In the event that you wish to change your departure date and give us notice at least 7 days prior to booked departure, no amendment charge is applied (the rule comes true for accommodation of three-star hotel and lower rating one). If later, the case will be attributed to the above-mentioned rules. You are allowed to change your departure date one time only.
- As for railway tickets and air tickets, the case is subject to provisions of the airlines and the railway firm.
- After cancellation, please receive your refund within 1 month since your date of cancellation. We only refund you within the period of these 30 days.
- In case of cancellation due to acts of God such as natural disasters, epidemics or flight/train cancel, APT Travel has no obligation to compensate any additional costs other than the refund of unused included services.