Duraion: One day trip
Day of Departure: Everyday
Pick-up time: 07h45 – 08h30
The end of trip: 18h00 – 18h30
Bearing magnificent massive architecture and deep traditional identity, Bai Dinh Pagoda recently has emerged as a must-see destination of Ninh Binh province, Vietnam.
Located east of Ninh Binh province, covering almost 2000 hectares, Trang An eco-tourism complex is divided into 5 sections: a specially preserved area – Hoa Lu ancient citadel, a central area, a natural area of grottoes and caves, a tourist service area, and a holy mountain of Bai Dinh area. The total 47 historical vestiges, hidden caves and grottoes in limestone karst, valleys, rivers and streams all together create a fanciful landscape. With hundreds of big and small statutes, numerous categories of architectural works, Bai Dinh – Trang An combined complex is one of the biggest in Vietnam and has become a must–see place for almost travelers these days.
Dubbed “Ha Long Bay on land”, the site covers an area of 10,000ha, including the three areas of the Trang An Ecological Site, Tam Coc-Bich Dong Site and Former Hoa Lu Former Capital Area. The region is scattered with karst topography such as limestone mountains, caves and lakes. The site is home to diverse fauna and flora with 500 kinds of flora, 73 kinds of birds, 41 kinds of other animals. Scientists found traces of early people dating back 5,000-30,000 years ago in the nearby Boi and Trong caves.
Bai Dinh Pagoda in the northern province of Ninh Binh is famous for its great size and beautiful architecture, and also well-known for its record number of huge Buddha statues.
As a tourist attraction, Bai Dinh pagoda is endowed with both scenic beauty and historical value. It is considered the largest complex of Buddhist pagodas Vietnam, which are either old or new. The old Bai Dinh Pagoda sits on a 200m high mountain, which has been recognized as a cultural and historical heritage site of Vietnam. The new Bai Dinh Pagoda covers about 700 hectares, near the site of the old one.
Tourists often visit the pagoda area during their sight-seeing tour. Every year, the Bai Dinh Pagoda Festival kicks off on the sixth day of the first lunar month, attracting tens of thousands of visitors. On the way to the old pagoda site, pilgrims have to climb stone steps to small ancient places of worship to pray for good luck and enjoy traditional ceremonial singing performed by local artists. Through the gate into the new Bai Dinh Pagoda area, visitors will see 500 Arhat statues, each 2.4 m high and weighing about 4 tonnes, standing or sitting on both sides.
The Bai Dinh Pagoda complex boasts having the biggest bronze Buddha statue in Southeast Asia, about 100 tonnes in weight, and three 50-tonne Buddha statues and two huge bronze bells.
From Bai Dinh, tourists can go by boat to the nearby Trang An tourist site in Hoa Lu district. Along with the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, Tam Coc-Bich Dong caves and Phat Diem stone church are all on the to-see list.
07:40 – 08:30 Get picked up by our tour guide and bus at your addresses around Hanoi Center then depart for Bai Dinh pagoda and Trang an eco-tourism attraction area (120kms south of Hanoi).
10:30 Arrive in Buddha Sanctuary place of Bai Dinh Pagoda, the biggest one in Vietnam with 500 Arhan statues. You can see a biggest bronze Buddha statue in Vietnam with 10 meters in height, 100 tons in weight. Tour guide also gives you an introduction of beliefs and religions in Vietnam.
12:30 Have lunch in a local restaurant with some special dishes such as goat meat, pork storage vessel….
13:30 Leave for Trang An eco-tourism attraction. You will be amazed by neglected area while having boat trip through cave chains: Sang Cave, Toi Cave, Ba Giot Cave, Sinh Cave…experiencing mysterious views of the so-called “Ha Long Bay in land”
16:00 Get back to the bus and then return to Hanoi.
18:30 Back in Hanoi, you get dropped off at your address. Tour ends.
Price: From US $ 29
- Pick-up and drop-off at your address by modern air-conditioned bus
- A bottle of water on the way
- Enthusiastic, experienced driver
- Professional English speaking guide
- Vietnamese lunch
- Entrance fee & boating fee
- Tax, tips
- Electric car
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned above
For usual days
- You are charged for 10%, 30% and 70% of your booking value if cancelling your order more than 5 days, 3-5 days and 48-24 hours prior to departure, respectively. Note: for 4-star hotels and resorts, you shall bear 100% no matter when your cancellation is made.
- You are charged for 100% of your booking value if cancelling your order right on the date of departure.
For public days and New Year holiday
- You are charged for 40%, 50% and 70% of your booking value when cancelling your order more than 7 days, 5-7 days and within 5 days prior to departure, respectively. In the event that you call off your order right on the date of departure or without notification, please incur 100% of booking value.
- In the event that you wish to change your departure date and give us notice at least 7 days prior to booked departure, no amendment charge is applied (the rule comes true for accommodation of three-star hotel and lower rating one). If later, the case will be attributed to the above-mentioned rules. You are allowed to change your departure date one time only.
- As for railway tickets and air tickets, the case is subject to provisions of the airlines and the railway firm.
- After cancellation, please receive your refund within 1 month since your date of cancellation. We only refund you within the period of these 30 days.
- In case of cancellation due to acts of God such as natural disasters, epidemics or flight/train cancel, APT Travel has no obligation to compensate any additional costs other than the refund of unused included services.
* Things you should bring: Long sleeve clothes, hat or umbrella, sun cream, sunglasses, Vietnam dongs.
** No short pants or short skirts when entering the pagoda.